I grew up in Northwest Iowa, and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) from Briar Cliff College, Sioux City, Iowa.
I earned my Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from the University of South Dakota School of Law in 1991. While in law school, I met my husband, Brent. We married in 1996 and have two children. I earned my Masters of Law in Taxation (L.L.M) from the University of Alabama School of Law. I practiced law for many years as a partner with Pemberton, Sorlie, Rufer and Kershner, L.L.P in Fergus Falls, Minnesota; where I practiced primarily in the areas of estate planning, estate administration, and real estate.
I moved with my family to Rochester, Minnesota, and joined Rodney D. Anderson Law Offices, L.L.C in 2013. I have substantial experience drafting estate plans for people from every walk of life. I have drafted many estate plans dealing with complex estate planning issues; and have drafted estate plans for numerous non US citizens with assets in other countries. My education and experience with taxation issues are valuable resources for our clients. I find the challenges involved in preparing estate and gift tax returns rewarding. I enjoy getting to know my clients. It is my goal to provide understandable, complete, and timely service to our clients.
Community service is important to me. I currently serve on the Season’s Hospice Board of Trustees, where I serve on the Executive Committee and will serve as President. I am a member of the Greater Rochester Rotary Club, where I serve on the Executive Committee. I am involved with Wills for Heroes; a program where attorneys prepare wills, health care directives and powers of attorney, free of charge, for military members, fire fighters, police officers and first responders, and their loved ones. I enjoy giving presentations in the community on estate planning and estate administration topics.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking, and baking. I follow University of Alabama football. Roll Tide!
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Directives
- Estate and Gift Taxation
- Income Taxation
- Probate and Trust Estate Administration
- Closely Held Business Law
- Business Succession Planning
- Formation of Business Organizations
- Lifetime Gifting
- Pre-marital and Post-nuptial Agreements
- Minnesota, 1991
- South Dakota, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2000
- U.S. Tax Court, 2012
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, South Dakota
- Juris Doctorate - 1991
- Honors: Sterling Honor Graduate
- Honors: Moot Court Board 1990-1991
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Masters of Law in Taxation (L.L. M.) - 2012
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Briar Cliff College, Sioux City, Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) - 1987
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Probate and Trust Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Olmsted County Bar Association
- South Dakota Bar Association
Schedule a Consultation
Our office will remain open until further notice.
We are working with a small staff, and staggered appointments.
We can meet with you in person, but encourage conferencing by telephone.
We provide drive up service for those who need to sign documents in the presence of a witness and/or Notary Public.
Please do not hesitate to contact us.